Pay by Phone slots are becoming increasingly popular at UK casinos sites, and our comprehensive guide tells you all you need to know. We look at how pay by phone bill slots work, where you can play them, and compare this payment method to some of the other popular options UK slots players regularly use.
|ABOUT||PROS & CONS||OTHER OPTIONS||ALTERNATIVES||PAY BY PHONE vs PAYPAL|
|Rose Slots||Win Up to 500 Free Spins*|
*18+.*New players only, Min deposit £10, £8 max win per 10 spins, Max Bonus Conversion £250, 65X Wagering requirements and Full T&CS Apply.
|Look and feel of the site appeals to female slot players||Play|
|Fairground Slots||Spin The Mega Reel Win Up to 500 Free Spins on Fluffy Favourites*|
*18+.New players only, Min deposit £10, £8 Max win per 10 spins, Max bonus conversion £250, 65x wagering requirements and Full T&Cs apply.
|At Fairground Slots you get an excellent online casino experience, with a huge range of more than 500 slots by Microgaming, NetEnt and other leading producers.||Play|
|Spinzwin Casino||Up to £1000 Bonus & 100 Spins on Starburst on Your First Deposit|
18+. New Players Only. Wagering occurs from real balance first. 50X wagering the bonus or any winnings generated from free spins. Contribution may vary per game. Available on selected games only. The wagering requirement is calculated on bonus bets only. Bonus is valid for 30 days / Free spins valid for 7 days from issue. Max conversion: 3 times the bonus amount or from free spins: £/$/€20. Excluded Skrill deposits. Full Terms apply.
|As a premium destination for online casino games, Spinzwin offers you a selection of over 400 games including slots, table games, and scratch cards. Players are ensured of a safe and secure gaming site with Spinzwin’s latest 128-bit SSL encryption and firewall technology.||Play
|Cheeky Casino||WIN UP TO 500 FREE SPINS*|
New players only, 18+. Min deposit £10, £8 Max win per 10 spins, Max bonus conversion £250, 65 wagering requirements & Full T&Cs apply.
|At Cheeky Casino, UK slot players get excellent gaming choice with more than 500 online slots and casino games by Microgaming, NetEnt and others||Play|
|Money Reels||WIN UP TO 500 FREE SPINS*|
*18+.New players only, Min deposit £10, £8 Max win per 10 spins, Max bonus conversion £250, 65x wagering requirements and Full T&Cs apply.
|When it comes to gaming choice and variety, Money Reels offers UK slot players some excellent options with high quality slots by leading developers.||Play|
|Genesis Casino||100% up to £100 Bonus + 300 Free Spins!*|
*18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins on Starburst games will be credited instantly + then 30 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. Always refer to Bonus Terms - www.begambleaware.org
|"Genesis Casino is a super-cool, modern looking casino site offering a huge range of slots and other games. "||Play|
Phone bill payments explained
When you play pay by phone bill slots, you are essentially funding your online casino account via your mobile phone bill. You use your phone to make a deposit, and this sum is added to your monthly bill, or is deducted from your pay-as-you-go balance. However, you are not limited to playing mobile slots pay by phone bill, as you can also use this as a payment method for playing on your desktop or laptop as well.
It is very easy to use your phone bill as a deposit method at both online and mobile casinos. When you use Boku or Payforit, there is no need to set up a separate account, nor to download or install an app; instead all you need is a UK mobile phone number. Boku can be used on any UK mobile network, while Payforit is available on EE, O2, Vodafone or Three.
There is not even the need to have a smartphone, as you can pay your bill using any type of mobile, regardless of the brand or its age, as long as the phone is capable of receiving and sending text messages. This is because your phone is being used to confirm the transaction, rather than actually making a payment.
The steps required to play pay by mobile phone bill slots are as follows: first, you need to log in to your casino account (you can do this on any device). You should then navigate to the Banking or Cashier page, and select Pay by Phone as your payment method. From here, you will be redirected to the Boku or Payforit payment panel, where you will be required to confirm that you want to make a payment, and the amount.
If you are making a payment for the first time, this is when you’ll be required to enter your UK mobile phone number; on subsequent occasions, you’ll find that your number has been saved, and so you will simply need to confirm that the number is correct.
Once you have entered or confirmed your mobile phone number, you’ll receive a text message asking you to authenticate the payment. Once you have done this by replying, your deposit is instantly credited to your casino account and you can begin playing straight away.
You will not be charged any fees by your mobile phone carrier for depositing into your account to play pay by mobile phone bill slots; however, some online casinos will charge you for using this service, so ensure that you check the T&Cs before you sign up at a site and select pay by mobile phone as your preferred payment method.
Pros and cons of phone bill payments
Playing pay by mobile phone bill slots offers players a number of advantages, although there are some drawbacks as well.
The advantages of pay by phone slots
• No new account required — If you play pay by phone bill slots, there is no need to set up yet another account, no need to manage another set of login details, no need to keep track of another balance. This is because your casino deposits are either added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your pay-as-you-go balance, without having to use an intermediary or third party payment system.
• Simple to use — It is very quick and easy to make a payment with pay by phone slots, as it is no different to making any sort of online purchase or adding funds to your casino account using other payment methods. As outlined above, the only steps required are to enter the amount you want to deposit and your mobile number (if not already saved), and then to confirm the payment via text. Your money is then available to play with in your casino account straight away.
• Payment security — With pay by mobile phone bill slots sites, you also benefit from an added layer of payment security. As there is no need to share any of your payment details with the casino, e.g., bank accounts, debit cards, etc., these are not being stored and so are less vulnerable to hacking. Also, you are not required to share any personal information with a third party payment provider, giving you additional privacy and security.
• No fees charged by your mobile service provider — When you use Boku or Payforit, your mobile phone service provider will not charge you any fees for providing this service. However, it does need to be borne in mind that some online casinos will charge a handling fee for making pay by mobile phone bill slots deposits. If a casino accepts Pay by Phone as a payment method, it is important to check the T&Cs with regard to any fees that may be charged.
• Pay by Phone on any mobile phone — Even if you don’t have a smartphone or a phone that can connect to the internet, you can still play at a pay by phone bill slots site. This is because your phone is being used to confirm the payment rather than actually make it, so as long as you can send and receive text messages on your phone, it is possible to use Pay by Phone to deposit into your casino account.
• Not just for mobile slots — You can play pay by mobile phone bill slots on any device, including your laptop or desktop. You are simply using your mobile to make deposits into your casino account, and so this doesn’t limit the platforms that you can play on.
The disadvantages of phone bill payments
There are nevertheless some disadvantages to playing at a mobile slots pay by phone bill site:
• Can’t be used for withdrawals — You are unable to make withdrawals from your casino account using your phone at a pay by phone bill slots site. Therefore, if you use Pay by Phone for deposits, you will require an alternative payment method in order to be able to cash out.
• Limits on deposits — When you use Pay by Phone, you are restricted as to how much you can deposit each day. This limit currently stands at £30, in order to protect players against fraudulent use.
• Doesn’t qualify for welcome bonus — At some sites where you can play pay by mobile phone bill slots, using this as a payment method when you make your first deposit into a new account may make you ineligible to claim any welcome bonus that is on offer. Therefore, you should check the T&Cs before signing up in order to see if you still qualify for the bonus if you pay by phone.
Different pay by phone bill slots options
UK slots players have several different options when it comes to pay by mobile phone bill slots:
Boku is the most widely used phone bill payment system, and as well as being a means to fund an online casino account, it can also be used at a range of online goods and service providers, including Facebook, Google Play and Spotify.
You can use Boku on all of the UK’s mobile phone networks, including Virgin Mobile, BT, O2, Three, Vodafone and EE, and it is a highly efficient and safe way of transferring funds to your casino account without having to share personal financial information.
There is no need to set up and manage a separate Boku account — all you need to do is select it as your payment method on the cashier page in your casino account and follow the prompts. Once you have confirmed the details of the payment via text message, the payment is complete and your funds are available to start playing with straight away. The funds will be added to your monthly mobile phone bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance.
The maximum daily deposit limit using Boku is £30, and it can’t be used as a withdrawal method.
Payforit operates along very similar lines as Boku, in that any casino deposits you make are via your mobile phone bill. Likewise, it is very easy and straightforward to use — simply select Pay by Phone as your preferred payment method in Banking when you want to make a deposit.
The primary difference between Payforit and Boku is that Payforit is the name of the payment platform that was established by four UK mobile phone carriers: EE, O2, Vodafone and Three. Unlike Boku, it is not a separate entity or company; rather it is the title given to this cooperative venture between these service providers.
Zimpler is a mobile-based payment system that operates on a different principle to Boku and Payforit. Zimpler is a payment platform that enables you to add funds to your casino account using a debit card or your bank account, rather than your mobile phone bill.
Therefore, Zimpler acts along the lines of a third party payment processing intermediary that is accessible via mobile phone, rather than a pay by mobile phone bill slots service provider.
Alternative withdrawal methods
As using a pay by phone bill payment method to fund your casino account does not enable you to make withdrawals, you will need another payment option in place when you want to cash out. We have listed some of the best payment solutions for UK slots players below:
• PayPal — PayPal offers convenience, high levels of security and, most importantly, some of the fastest withdrawal times around. Once a withdrawal has been completed by the casino, funds are accessible in your PayPal account within hours. Perhaps the only drawback to using PayPal is that it is still not universally accepted at UK online casinos, although it can be used at the majority of the sites that we feature here.
• Skrill — One of the leading international e-wallet providers, Skrill is accepted at the vast majority of our recommended slots sites, and offers players a fast and secure method for making both deposits and withdrawals. There are, however, a couple of things to bear in mind when using Skrill: a fee is charged when you add funds to your Skrill account via debit card; and at some sites, using Skrill to make your initial deposit will make you ineligible to claim a welcome bonus.
• Neteller — Neteller is a major name in electronic payments, and is widely accepted as an online casino payment method. Withdrawal times are fast, and there are high levels of security and privacy. In addition, a Neteller account is easy to set up and operate, and it can be used for a range of other online payments and purchases as well. However, there are fees attached to making both deposits and withdrawals using a debit card, which is a percentage of the total transaction.
• entroPay — entroPay is a pre-paid virtual Visa card that can be used to make withdrawals from your online casino account. Withdrawing to entroPay is quick and easy, and it offers both privacy and security. However, while it is widely accepted, you can’t use entroPay at every one of our recommended online casinos. A further drawback is that you are charged a fee when you withdraw funds from your casino account onto your entroPay card.
How do phone bill payments stack up?
The table below compares the relative merits of making deposits into your casino account using Pay By Phone and PayPal:
|Pay By Phone||PayPal|
|Casino deposits are added to your monthly phone bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance||Free to set up and use a PayPal account|
|Free to set up and use a PayPal account||Deposits credited to your casino account instantly|
|No separate account to set up and manage||PayPal account can be linked to a variety of payment methods e.g., cards bank account, etc.|
|Play slots at mobile casinos or desktop sites||Play slots at mobile casinos or desktop sites|
|No fees charged by your mobile phone service provider||No fees to deposit into your casino account|
|No need to share personal information with the casino or other third parties|